A E-Journal for language, culture, literature and Indigenous knowledge
Folklore Foundation, India
ISSN No. ISSN: 2347-6427
UGC Journal Number: 47781
Registered under University Grant Commission, India
Lokaratna is an international e-journal of Folklore Foundation; India collaborated with World Oral Literature Project, Cambridge University. Folklore Foundation has an international repute of bringing out digital journal disseminated in more than 70 universities and institutes around the globe. The purpose of the journal is to explore the rich cultural heritage of Odisha in particular and interdisciplinary search in general, for a wider readership. Any scholar across the globe interested to contribute on any aspect of folklore and allied areas is welcome. This volume represents the articles on culture, folklore, education, and language pedagogy.
Folklore Foundation Office Bearers
President: Sri Sukant Mishra
Managing Trustee and Director: Dr M K Mishra
Trustee: Sri Sapan K Prusty
Trustee: Sri Durga Prasanna Layak
Lokaratna is the official journal of the Folklore Foundation, India and it is a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary international and UGC approved academic journal in English.
The objectives of the journal are:
- To invite writers and scholars to contribute their valuable research papers on any aspects of Folklore and allied subjects.
- Articles should be based on the theory and methodology of research with field work.
- To publish seminal articles written by senior scholars on Folklore and allied subjects, making them available as the original sources.
- To present lives of folklorists, outlining their substantial contribution to Folklore
- To publish book reviews, field work reports, descriptions of research projects and announcements for seminars and workshops.
- To present interviews with eminent scholars from India and abroad. Any new idea that would enrich this research journal is welcome.
We also review newly published books, to get your book reviewed write to:
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Linguist, Ex Professor of Linguistics, JNU,New Delhi Adjascent professor,
Prof Mark Turin,
Department of Anthropology, British Columbia University, Canada
Prof. K. L Verma, Vice Chancellor, Pundit Rabishankar University, Raipur, Chhattishgarh
Director, Janapada Sampada,Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts (IGNCA)New Delhi
Director, (Intangible Heritage Division,) INTACH, New Delhi
Russian Akademi of Letters, Moscow, Russia
Prof .Tatyana Fedosova, Altai University, Siberia
Senior Academician, Centurion University, Bhubaneswar
Prof Chittaranjan Kar,
Ex Head, Department of Languages, Literature and Culture, Pt Ravishankar University, Raipur,Chhattshgarh
Dr Subhendu Mund,
Eminent poet and Critic of Indian Literature, Bhubaneswar
Dr Harekrushna Meher, Retired Professor of Sanksrit, Odisha
Ms.Mary Provost, Activist, Indigenous Rights, Canada
Prof. Ranjan K. Panda, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
Dr Sharmila Chhotray,
Department of Sociology, Tripura University,Agartala
Department of English, Vidyasagar University, Midnapur
Dr Amitendu Bhattacharya, Asst. Professor, BITS Pilani (Goa)
Subhasis Nanda, Asst Professor, EFLU, Hyderabad
Prof. Anand Mahanand
English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad
Editor in Chief:
Dr Mahendra K Mishra
Director, Folklore Foundation, Bhubaneswar , India